What is a Supported Independent Living Assessment (SIL)?
SIL is the help or supervision of daily tasks to develop the skills an individual needs to live as independently as possible. An assessment of your SIL requirements will look at what ratios of support you would require throughout the day. SIL supports can be provided in a group home environment or in a private residence, and all supports are funded at a participant level.
What do we look at?
- If you require 24 hours of support per day, 7 days a week
- If there are more than 8 hours of active support needs per day
- Functional capacity
- Goals to increase your independence
The assessment involves:
- A detailed assessment of the participants functional capacity and support requirements to access eligibility
- Identifying goals for increasing independence
- Utilisation of standardised assessments to support recommendations
What do you need to get started?
- A current NDIS plan
- To be over 18 years of age
- 16 hours of NDIS Capacity Building Daily Living funding
- A NDIS goal around housing supports
Our qualified Occupational Therapists can provide SIL assessments across our usual mobile therapy locations from Bull Creek down to Mandurah. Visit our mobile therapy page below to view all of the areas we service.
To enquire about our SIL Assessments, please call our friendly Client Engagement Team on 1300 122 155 or, alternatively, click on the button below to complete an online referral form for yourself or your loved one.