The art of learning through play
Helping your child to explore possibilities and expand participation in everyday opportunities to grow and play.
Childhood is precious
Every child needs support to enhance their natural development. Embracing the uniqueness of each child, Kern’s paediatric occupational therapists use play-based therapy programs to brings the fun to everyday activities, socialisation and learning.
- Emotional regulation
- Social interaction
- Sensory processing
- Academic performance
- Fine and gross motor skills
- Environmental modifications
- Mealtimes, sleep and toileting
- Adaptive aids and equipment
Therapy where you want it, when you need it
Available as both a clinic-based and mobile service, our therapists can engage and enable your child within the environment best suited to them.
“Children are not things to be moulded, but are people to be unfolded.” – Jess Lair, author
Kern’s family centred, team approach to care planning and delivery ensures the best possible emotional and functional outcomes.
- Evidence-based practice
- Holistic assessments
- Individualised care plans
- Family-centered approach
- Child-centred play therapy
- Positive behaviour support
Creative and effective learning support programs for schools
- Early intervention screening and assessments
- Individual and group therapy
- Developmental programs at school
- Teacher and EA professional development
- Parent education sessions
- Environmental modification consultation
“The highlight is learning about the world through their eyes and seeing the smiles on children’s faces when they achieve their goals”
Peadiatric Occupational Therapist